Saturday, February 9, 2008

Happy Birthday, Sydney!



It really seems impossible that Sydney is already 5 years old! When I think about all the amazing things she's done in the last 5 years, I can't help but smile. But, when I think about how quickly 5 years has passed by, I can't help but feel sad. I don't think I ever really understood how quickly life can pass by until I had the girls. All too quickly days turn to weeks, months, and years! Thankfully, children are completely oblivious to all this and are just excited about another PARTY! And what a party it was!!! Sydney was thrilled to host a "High School Musical" themed pool party. And, while not everyone could be there (some of our friends were just too busy having fun in Disney World - you know who you are!), we had quite a good time. The kids seemed to enjoy swimming in the winter, even if the adults didn't love getting in their suits. Sydney was thrilled to play with her friends and loved all her birthday presents. (Thank you cards will be going out very soon!) Thank you to everyone, whether you were there in person or spirit, for making her 5th birthday so special. Sydney is blessed to have so many people who love her and she definitely knows it!

No comments: